The 10 best spots for a luxurious Romantic wellness escape
Discover the 10 best locations for a luxurious “Romantic” wellness escape. The wellness holiday specialists have hand-picked the best romantic and radiance-giving getaways to help you rediscover romance and time just for you.
We live in such a fast-paced, jam-packed with technology era, that we barely get time to breathe, never mind appreciate those around us as we should. Therefore you need to trust us, and take the necessary time-out with these blissful hand-picked and award winning wellness retreats. They can almost guarantee that feel great time together whether it’s a weekend or a week away.
From tranquil spas in Italy and Cyprus to unforgettable therapeutic experiences in Sri Lanka and Switzerland, fill your love bubble with blissful harmony at one of these perfect-for-two holistic wellness retreats.
Greece: Euphoria Retreat Weekend Escape
With a backdrop of the blanketed Peloponnese, this short but sweet weekend away is the perfect kick-start for a new and improved couples’ lifestyle together. Designed to enhance your body’s vitality; get lost in nature together or explore your innovative sides with creative talks and workshops. There will be no tension left between you after rejuvenating bodywork and de-stressing aromatherapy massages. You’ll leave the spa positively glowing after experience showers, an antioxidant facial which improves blood circulation or in their Finnish sauna to pamper and rejuvenate together.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 7 nights in Euphoria Retreat from £1,945pp. Price includes breakfast, a wellness programme and return private transfers.
Switzerland: Grand Resort Bad Ragaz Therapeutic Relaxation
In the foothills of the Swiss Alps, overlooking lush vineyards, this luxurious wellness haven is the perfect place to experience a renewed sense of physical and mental well-being. Alongside a variety of group classes and sports to enjoy together; mountain biking, or skiing, you can truly relax with sound waves meditation, yoga and cinema evenings. In the traditional spa, where they combine local thermal waters and holistic expertise, you can experience a variety of treatments and experiences. The treatments are designed to fuel your vital organs leaving you both energised.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 5 nights at Grand Resort Bad Ragaz from £2,510pp. Price includes breakfast, a relaxation programme and return transfers.
Portugal: Pine Cliffs Fusion Fitness
Set on the breath-taking coastline of the Algarve, Pine Cliffs is an ideal wellness haven for fitness inspired couples. Support each other in increasing strength, flexibility and overall well-being, whether it be in the gym, on the beach, paddle boarding, or enjoying competitive rivalry on the courts with private tennis coaching. Unwind together with yoga and meditation and explore various spa treatments including couples’ massage, Thai massage and Shiatsu in their award-winning spa. Reward yourselves and indulge in guilt-free fine healthy cuisine with a choice of restaurants.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 7 nights at Pine Cliffs from £1,535pp. Price includes breakfast, with a Fusion Fitness programme, and return private transfers.
Italy: Lefay Fusion Fitness
Delve into a Valentine’s wellness escape in the country from where the word “romance” originates. Let the chic Italian charm encapsulate you both, while enjoying an expansive range of fitness activities, from personal training to aqua gym, Tai Chi and yoga. Work up a sweat together then relax in the spa; where she can have a tension relieving message, and he can enjoy a rejuvenating facial, specifically tailored for men. You’ll be sure to return home stronger and more revived in yourselves and your relationship.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 7 nights at Lefay from £1,945pp. Price includes breakfast, a Fusion Fitness programme and return private transfers.
Guarded by the Sierra Blanca Mountains and kissed by the Mediterranean Sea, Marbella Club promises wiser holistic well-being and the joy of slow living. Feel the warm Spanish sun caress your skin during morning beach runs together or get the heart pumping and have fun during a circuits session. Discover each other upside-down with aerial yoga and strengthen both your relationship and your practice with a blend of yoga styles. With your new focus on mindfulness, you will deeply enjoy the luxury of thermal seawater rituals with Thalassotherapy to leave you both feeling cleansed, pampered and relaxed.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 7 nights in Marbella Club from £1,945pp. Price includes breakfast, a mindful triathlon programme and return private transfers.
Cyprus: Ayii Anargyri Healing
Combine an idyllic setting with indulgent treatments on Ayii Anargyri’s blissful healing spa programme. Love will truly be in the air as you unwind together in the tranquil and inviting environment these mineral-rich spring waters bring. Re-balance with exclusive spa rituals, nourished with natural Spring water which is also channelled to their three heavenly hydrotherapy pools. Once you’ve achieved an emotional equilibrium, head to one of their gourmet restaurants for a romantic meal in intimate ambience, compiled of locally sourced Mediterranean cuisine and an extensive wine collection.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 7 nights at Ayii Anargyri from £830pp. Price includes full board, with a healing programme, and return transfers.
Sri Lanka: Santani Re-balancing Bliss
For the ultimate in luxury romance, treat yourselves to an unforgettable wellness spa experience along the pristine verdant highlands of Sri Lanka. Indulge with a plethora of soul-lifting treatments for a transformative reboot and build internal strength with a range of activities to boost fitness levels and enhance physical endurance. Reconnect with each other and reach a new level of consciousness for a truly bespoke wellness experience. Recalibrate from head-to-toe with group yoga, guided hikes and a calming dip in the salt-water pools for the ultimate Valentines experience.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 7 nights at Santani from £2,135pp. Price includes accommodation, full-board, with a spa programme, and return private transfers.
Known as the island of the Gods, and one of the most popular islands in the Indonesian archipelago, escape on a Valentine’s adventure to the idyllic island of blissful Bali. From jungle and rice paddy treks, to volcano hikes and guided village cycling tours, there is no end of exciting ways to keep active and explore the island together. Continue to explore local culture and traditions during visits to sacred temples and experience Ubud’s famed monkey forest. Recover from your adventures in one of five luxury wellness retreats with therapeutic spa treatments and revitalising wellness activities, including yoga, Pilates and meditation.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 10 nights in Bali from £2,680pp. Price includes accommodation, a Discover Recover programme, half or full-board and return transfers.
India: Atmantan Fusion Fitness
They say variety is the spice of life. So, if you’re the kind of couple who likes to mix up high intensity with deep relaxation, why not combine them with an exclusive Fusion Fitness holiday at Atmantan in India. Indecisive couples can choose from a range of options to bring variety to their workout. After you’ve challenged yourselves with Bootcamp training and group hiking, why not quieten your mind with private meditation classes, equipping you with tools to take home. If you’ve pushed each other to the limit with a kick boxing workout, then reward yourselves with invigorating massages for a much-deserved treat.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 7 nights at Atmantan from £2,115pp. Price includes a Fusion Fitness programme, accommodation, full-board and return private transfers.
South Africa: Karkloof Safari Spa & Yoga
The couple that travel together, stay together. Well this year, up your Valentine’s game with a long-haul spa and yoga break to Karkloof Safari Spa in South Africa. A one-of-a-kind romantic oasis awaits you, with an added adventurous element of astonishing wildlife surrounding the 2000-hectare reserve. Relax together at the award-winning spa and indulge in a wide range of exotic spa treatments from uplifting grapefruit facials to black pepper scrubs. After a fruitful cleanse, discover the jewels of the African jungle with a fascinating Safari game drive and thundering waterfall for memories that will last a lifetime. Delve into the restaurant’s nutritious and organic cuisine with a backdrop of splendid African sunsets.
Health and Fitness Travel offers 7 nights at Karkloof Safari Spa from £4,210pp. Price is all-inclusive, with a spa programme and return private transfers.
For advice, guidance and booking visit www.healthandfitnesstravel.com
- Health And Fitness Travel Shortlisted in The Australian Travel Awards 2018
- Health and Fitness Travel Nominated for British Travel Awards 2018
- Living Your Brand – Health and Fitness Travel
GRAND RESORT BAD RAGAZ
- 2018 SWISS LOCATIONS PUBLIC AWARD – Won the public award in the category Wellness locations.
- 2018 GAULT & MILLAU – Francesco Benvenuto is the winner of 2018’s Sommelier Wine Awards.
- 2018 WORLD SPA AWARD – ReceiveD the World Spa Award in the category “Switzerland’s Best Wellness retreat 2018”.
- 2018 GQ TRAVEL AWARDS – First place in the Best Hotel Spa category.
PINE CLIFFS RESORT
- 2017 Wins World’s Leading Luxury Leisure Resort” and
- 2017 Wins Wolrd’s Leading Best Spa Resort
LEFAY RESORT & SPA LAGO DI GARDA
- SLH Awards: Shortlisted Finalist “Most Sensational SPA”
- World Boutique Hotel Awards: “Europe’s Most Sustainable Hotel”
- World Luxury Hotel Awards: “Europe’s Luxury Eco Resort”
- Guida “Ristoranti d’Italia 2019” Gambero Rosso: “Due Forchette” to La Grande Limonaia restaurant
- Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards: Seal of Excellence to Lefay SPA
- Condè Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards: “Best 30 Resorts in Europe”
- Guida “I Ristoranti d’Italia 2019” L’Espresso: “Primo Cappello” to La Grande Limonaia restaurant
- Condè Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards: “Top 20 SPA Destinations in the world”
- World Luxury SPA Awards: “Best Unique SPA Experience” in Southern Europe
- World Luxury SPA Awards: “Best Luxury Destination SPA” in Italy
- World Travel Awards: “Europe’s Leading Green Resort”
- European Health & SPA Award: “Best SPA Destination”
- European Health & SPA Award: “Best Signature Treatment”
- “First Place in the Top 10 SPAs in the World” Traveller’s World Awards
- Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards: “Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Italy”
- Guida “Ristoranti d’Italia 2018” Gambero Rosso: “Due Forchette” to La Grande Limonaia Restaurant
- Guida “I Ristoranti d’Italia 2018” L’Espresso: “Primo cappello” to La Grande Limonaia Restaurant
- World Travel Awards 2018: Spain’s Leading Villa Resort 2018
- The Travel + Leisure “IT List”, which highlights the 40 top hotels to visit in 2017
- Awarded “Zen Master” at the Tatler Spa awards, the leading spa award ceremony in the world.
- 2017 Won World Spa Award for ‘Best Wellness Retreat in India’,
- 2017 Won Conde Nast Traveller award for Best Destination Spa and
- 2017 Won Asia Spa India Award for ‘Best Destination Spa in India’