The best in wilderness boutique luxury Australia
“Set within Leeuwin-Naturalise National Park, this environmentally-friendly and picturesque resort is a restful sanctuary providing the ultimate Australian beachside experience, with ideal leisure facilities, self-catering accommodation and excellent dining and gourmet deli facilities”, ~ Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Smiths Beach Resort is perfectly positioned on the gleaming white sands of Smiths Beach, and within easy access of many wonderful wineries, galleries and restaurants the region is popular for.
Smiths Beach Resort’s beautifully furnished One Bedroom Apartments, Two and Three Bedroom Garden or Ocean View Villas and Three and Four Bedroom Beach Houses have large picture windows that frame views of the stunning natural surrounds, stretches of ocean and colourful sunsets. All the food and beverage outlets at Smiths Beach are managed by Lamonts, one of Western Australia’s premier restaurateurs and purveyors of fine food and wine.
he perfect place to unwind after a hard day’s wine tasting and sightseeing, Lamont’s Restaurant is open daily for a light snack or a superb a la carte selection of mouth-watering Australian cuisine.
Lamont’s Smiths Beach restaurant offers a casual but stylish setting and is fast developing a reputation as one of the best dining experiences in the Cape region.
Highlights of the area:
- Enjoy a picnic lunch from the Gourmet Deli to the beach
- Discover spectacular seascape views, rock formations and enjoy short walks along the overwater boardwalk at Canal Rocks.
- Visit spectacular cave formations on an underground at Ngilgi Cave.
- Have a premium wine tasting.
- Check out local art galleries – it is an art lover’s paradise!
- See epic surf breaks and blinding white sand – Smiths, Three Bears, Super Tubes, Injidup, Rabbits… to name a few!
+ Hunt for artistic treasures between rolling vineyards and world-class surf!
- Enjoy a morning coffee beside the blue-green waters of Mandjar Bay, before heading to the Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery – within the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre – to check out their program of exhibitions.
- In and around Dunsborough and neighbouring Yallingup, you’ll find a wide array of artist's studios and galleries displaying locally-crafted fine jewellery, pottery and furniture, as well as fine art, sculpture and photography. Or head to nearby Sugarloaf Rock for an Indian Ocean sunset before returning to Dunsborough or Yallingup for dinner. Some local restaurants and wineries also exhibit the works of local artists, allowing you to indulge two passions at once.
- Dunsborough/Yallingup to Margaret River
- Take your camera for an early morning walk on the Cape to Cape Track through some of the most striking coastal landscapes, before joining Caves Road heading south to Margaret River.You can easily spend a whole day hopping from art studios to workshops to galleries. Some also showcase the works of local Indigenous artists.For lunch, feast on the creative work of the region’s many award-winning chefs. See the Australian Good Food Guide for inspiration.Take some time to appreciate the talents and crafts of local wine makers, brewers and gourmet produce stores too – from olive oils and cheeses to chocolate and confectionery.Hand-pick your ingredients for a make-your-own dinner, or choose from the many dining options in and around Margaret River.
- Margaret River to Busselton
- Breakfast in Margaret River town, then browse the high street for art and crafts, fashion, and foodie treats before heading north to Busselton.As well as being home to the modern ArtGeo Gallery and Courthouse Arts Complex, Busselton’s iconic timber jetty (the longest in the southern hemisphere) is also a great place to find inspiration for your own art and photography.Take a stroll or train ride over the Indian Ocean and view Australia's best artificial reef at theUnderwater Observatory.
Wilderness boutique luxury Australia details:
Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park Yallingup is about a three hour drive south of Perth.
Smiths Beach Resort is the quintessential Australian beachside accommodation experience encompassing world class facilities and an assortment of food and beverage options. Visit here to check availability at Smiths Beach Resort or to book!
You may also like:
Tracy Burrows77 Posts
<p>If there is one thing that I have learnt, it is the more I see, the more there is to see! My name is Tracy Burrows and I am the managing editor of Out There Global, a community driven travel platform for both cost effective and luxury travel ideas around the world. From Jan 2014 – Dec 2016 I managed the LatestSightings.com blog (a United Nations World Summit Award Winner: Culture & Tourism 2016 & National Geographic partner). I was also consulting editor at MOZambique Magazine, and contributor at Sawubona. Prior to my career I obtained a tourism marketing degree, and graduated from a 2 year ‘Hospitality Management in Development Program’ in California. Following this I acquired a journalism diploma and since it’s been all about travel and writing! And my nourishment from all those who have impacted me: family; friends; and strangers alike. Thank you for joining our journey!</p>