A luxury life 7 day private jet vacation of Spain
“A private jet vacation presents La Alhambra in picturesque Granada; the Guggenheim and Chillida Museums in the Basque Country; and Gaudi’s works with a knowledgeable expert by your side. Complete this experience by relishing in a rare caviar tasting at Europe’s first organic caviar producing sturgeon farm. And tour a local market in San Sebastián ushered by a renowned chef who will then organise a cooking party with your findings. Your appetite for gastronomy will be brought to life on this private jet vacation.” ~ Presidential Private Jet Vacations
Presidential Private Jet Vacation’s journeys are experiential in nature and caters to the most challenging of travellers. In addition to the most luxurious hotels, their private jet vacations include exclusive accommodations that introduce guests to the experience of local life in the host country in a manner consistent with their lifestyle.
+ Jet Vacation of Spain Itinerary
- Day 1 / GRANADA / THE CITY OF A THOUSAND FACES
- Commence your voyage from a private terminal at the closest airport to your home for a hassle-free leisurely boarding of your Gulfstream G-IV. Enjoy the flight to Granada in utmost luxury, comfort and privacy as you drift away in a moment of personal reward. Once in pictorial Granada and led by a local expert, acquaint Alhambra de Granada Spain Smallyourself gardens-of-the-generalife-alhambra-smallwith the grandiose monuments built by the Catholic Monarchs such as the Cathedral and the Capilla Real. To replenish your energy before an afternoon of discovery, proceed to one of the most spectacular private homes in Granada where you will meet the current generation of the property’s owners for an intimate especially catered lunch. As an afternoon jaunt, stroll through rambling barrio del Albaycín and admire the backdrop views of the Sierra Generalife Alhambra Gardens SmallNevada; then enjoy a private visit of the Palaces and El Generalife at sunset. To replenish your energy before an afternoon of discovery, proceed to one of the most spectacular private homes in Granada where you will meet the current generation of the property’s owners for an intimate especially catered lunch. As an afternoon jaunt, stroll through rambling barrio del Albaycín and admire the backdrop views of the Sierra Generalife Alhambra Gardens SmallNevada; then enjoy a private visit of the Palaces and El Generalife at sunset. For an evening filled with local flair and in the company of local devotee, enjoy a typical tapas and flamenco dancing in the iconic barrio del Sacromonte, one of Spain’s flamenco cradles, Own your skills as a flamenco dancer or simply watch the experts parading on the dance floor.
- DAY 2 – / GRANADA / OLIVE & CAVIAR
- After a leisurely breakfast, get ready for the unusual sight of 20-year old sturgeons, Acipenser nacarii, placidly swimming in cool mountain spring waters near Granada. Recovering from extinction, these sturgeons produce Europe’s first world-class organic caviar. Once refreshed, enjoy a unique private caviar tasting experience and lunch in the company of the farm principals and experts. Travel to a XIX-century olive grove farmstead nestled in the heart of the Montes Occidentales between Granada and Córdoba. Learn the secrets of perfecting traditional olive oils as you notice their intricacies during a private tasting. Lunch will be served with the country estate owners doing the honours. Appreciate the suave live flamenco guitar played in the background. Reward yourself with dinner at Granada’s favourite new gourmet restaurant (*). As you savour the distinctive flavours of this brilliant cuisine, notice the stunning vistas of Sierra Nevada, Sierra Elvira and the fertile lowlands surrounding the city’s Vega.
- Day 3 / SAN SEBASTIÁN / COOKING PARTY & CHILLIDA MUSEUM
- After a light breakfast, hop over to San Sebastián in the comfort of your private jet. Guided by a recognized local chef, take a promenade through Mercado de la Bretxa to pick up angulas, besugos and kokotchas for a cozy cooking party at one of the city’s most spectacular private properties situated on the slopes Monte Igueldo with commanding views of San Sebastián. Visit the Chillida Museum (not open to the public) to admire the monumental abstract works of notable Spanish Basque sculptor Eduardo Chillida; then continue to the quaint Basque town of Hondarribia to visit the Monasterio de Guadalupe and the Jaizkibel cliffs. For an evening treat, dine at Mugatriz (*), a two-star Michelin restaurant recognized as the sixth best restaurant in the world by Restaurant Magazine. Chef-patron Andoni Luis Aduriz and his team will delight you with a multiple-course tasting menu filled with creative small dishes. For dessert, fall in love with Mugatriz’s chocolate cake, cold almond cream and cocoa bubbles. Retire to your sumptuously appointed room at the Hotel María Cristina. This Belle Époque themed hotel will enchant you with its impressionist XIX-century portraits, silk brocades and remarkable chandeliers.
- Day 4 / BILBAO / GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM AND PINTXOS
- Drive up to Bilbao to visit the world-renowned Guggenheim Museum. Led by an internationally recognized authority in modern art, take notice of the impressive collection of art works on-site. Escorted by our local connoisseur, savor the tastiest pintxos in the Casco Viejo de Bilbao. Toast with txacolí, the Basque Country’s own winein the company of your new-found friends. Back in San Sebastián, dinner will be served at Arzak (*) a three-star Michelin restaurant currently holding the eight place in the World’s Best Restaurants list. With Juan Mari Arzak at the helm and daughter Elena Arzak by his side, this family run restaurant sources local ingredients to create the most spectacular Basque cuisine. Taste the duo’s specialty of lobster in a crisp potato shell with a cobaiba sauce and red pepper sphere for a culinary gusto of intricate flavors.
- Day 5 / BARCELONA / GAUDÍ AND EL CONVENTET
- Fly over to Barcelona by private jet to discover the city’s quintessential blend of culture and gastronomy. Directed by our local expert, enjoy a private tour of Gaudi’s famous architectural gems – Sagrada Familia, la Pedrera building, Casa Batlló and Parc Güell. Browse the world-renowned Mercat de la Boqueria before having an impromptu lunch of flavorsome tapas. Continue to the nearby Barri Gòtic, Barcelona’s oldest nucleus and the city’s cultural center to admire architectural marvels such as the Cathedral, City Hall and the St. Felip Neri church. Specially catered dinner by a renowned local chef will be served at a monastery within the city limits that houses one of the most important private art collections in Spain with works by Miró, Picasso, Dalí, Tàpies and Chillida, among others. Return to your lovely suite at Hotel Arts to appreciate the breathtaking panoramas of Barcelona and the Mediterranean Sea while enjoying Ritz-Carlton’s celebrated service.
- Day 6 / GIRONA / LA COSTA BRAVA AND EL CELLER DE CAN ROCA
- Enjoy a morning drive up to la Costa Brava to explore some of its picturesque seaside villages. Lunch will be especially catered at a magnificent 1930s palace surrounded by neoclassical sculptures amid a manicured gardens of impressive beauty inspired by Villa d’Este in Italy. Enjoy the magnificent grounds as you make yourself home for the rest of the afternoon. Culminate your private jet vacation with dinner at El Celler de Can Roca (*), bestowed as the second best restaurant in the word by Restaurant Magazine. With three brothers at the helm, this Catalan restaurant is truly a family affair – you will notice the warmth of the family dynamics. The trio’s signature dish combines charcoal-grilled king prawn, king-prawn sand, ink rocks, fried legs, head juice and king prawn essence. It tastes as good as it sounds.
- Day 7 / BARCELONA / GOING BACK HOME IN STYLE
- Take a moment to say farewell to Barcelona. When ready, board your Gulfstream G-IV at the newly completed terminal located on a quiet corner of the main airport. Appreciate the smooth trip back home in the sole company of your family and friends, taking with you memories to last a lifetime.
More about a private jet vacation:
1. Heavy Jet –Gulfstream G-IV or similar – for 16-18 guests this is the preferred aircraft.
2. VIP Airliner – Airbus 319 or similar – suitable for groups larger than 18 pax.
For further information please contact Presidential Private Jet Vacations and please note that all itineraries are fully customisable to accommodate interests, lifestyle and desired purposes.
You may also like:
Tracy Burrows77 Posts
<p>If there is one thing that I have learnt, it is the more I see, the more there is to see! My name is Tracy Burrows and I am the managing editor of Out There Global, a community driven travel platform for both cost effective and luxury travel ideas around the world. From Jan 2014 – Dec 2016 I managed the LatestSightings.com blog (a United Nations World Summit Award Winner: Culture & Tourism 2016 & National Geographic partner). I was also consulting editor at MOZambique Magazine, and contributor at Sawubona. Prior to my career I obtained a tourism marketing degree, and graduated from a 2 year ‘Hospitality Management in Development Program’ in California. Following this I acquired a journalism diploma and since it’s been all about travel and writing! And my nourishment from all those who have impacted me: family; friends; and strangers alike. Thank you for joining our journey!</p>