Try this ultimate tantalizing crazy Australian dessert
“Chocolate Aero with whiskey jelly and blood orange marshmallow, coconut milkshake & salted caramel sauce!” ~ Smudge Eats
If you looking to impress at your next dinner party, the flavours of this modern Australian dessert will certainly do the trick! Not just the combination flavours, but the presentation too is pretty impressive! All served into one from chocolate aero, to blood orange marshmallow, whiskey jelley, coconut milkshake and salted caramel sauce.
For the Chocolate Aero
250g Lindt chocolate 55% cocoa solids
200g egg white
For the Blood Orange Marshmallow
2 egg whites
1 pinch salt
180ml blood orange juice and zest combined
Dusting of cornflour and icing sugar
Pinch citric acid
For the Whiskey Jelly
For the Coconut Milkshake
300ml coconut milk
75g palm sugar (grated)
1 kaffir lime leave
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
For the Salted Caramel Sauce
95g unsalted butter
60g soft brown sugar
40g white sugar
30g golden syrup
1 teaspoon sea salt
Australian dessert recipe details:
For the original Chocolate Aero with whiskey jelly and blood orange marshmallow or for other spectacular recipes from around the globe visit here.
Smudge publishing produces a range of culinary travel books in both coffee-table and pocket size, detailing the very best in restaurants, bars and cafes around Australasia. Their backlist includes 24 titles, including three international award-winning books: Flavours of Melbourne, Flavours of South Australia and The Specialty Coffee Book NSW.
- The day before / For the chocolate aero
- Simmer cream and pour over chocolate. Once melted, add egg whites. Mix well and strain. Place mixture in espuma gun and using large nozzle, charge with two air capsules, disperse into a chilled tray and place in freezer for 30 minutes. Leave in fridge for up to 3 hours.
- For the blood orange marshmallow
- Place water and sugar on stove and heat to 120C. Place egg whites and the salt in electric mixer and switch on full blast, the eggs should be white and thick. The sugar temp should now be 127C. Slowly add syrup to the egg whites, keep it mixing for at least 5 minutes until temperature is approximately 50C. Dissolve the soaked gelatine in the warm blood orange juice. Turn speed down on the machine, and add the gelatine and orange mix. Whip until thick and glossy and pour onto tray lined with cornflour or icing sugar and citric acid. Place some more cornflour, icing sugar and citric acid on top. Leave to set for 4 hours at room temperature.
- For the whiskey jelly
- Slowly heat up water and sugar and add soaked gelatine. Leave to cool down a little and stir in whiskey. Place in lined container in fridge for 3 hours.
- The day of / For the coconut milkshake
- Dissolve palm sugar and milks together over heat. Once dissolved, add kaffir lime leave and remove from heat. Infuse till cold. Remove the kaffir lime leave. Now add Malibu and ice cream and blend.
- For the salted caramel sauce
- Heat butter, sugars and golden syrup on the stove slowly. Simmer up to 4 minutes. Add cream and salt and heat for a further 1 minute. Transfer to a heat proof container.
- To serve
- Cut the marshmallows to a 2cm dice. Cut the jelly to a 1cm dice. Break chocolate into random pieces Place caramel sauce on plate, then add all ingredients. Garnish with some fresh strawberries and baby basil.