Munch is the most epic food tour across Europe
“Designed as the ultimate European foodie experience, Contiki’s newly launched Munch trip recognises food as a key travel motivator, taking travellers on a gastronomic journey across some of Europe’s top gourmet cities.” ~ Contiki
Lead by an expert Contiki Trip Manager and food influencer, on hand to share tips and tricks for finding the best local eats, Munch is the ultimate itinerary for those wanting to nibble their way across the continent.
Spanning nine days and visiting Barcelona, Arles, Aix-en-Provence, Nice, Genoa, Florence, San Gimignano, Bologna, Lake Como and Milan, Munch will deliver all the great stuff expected of a European Contiki, with an added focus on hunting down and sampling the most delicious local food available. Cooking classes, pasta making, Tuscan dinners, food market tours and wine making will fill the days, whilst nights will be spent in comfortable local hotels.
Like the other trips in Contiki’s Limited Edition Summer Series, Munch will run with smaller groups of 25-30 passengers and benefit from luxury air-conditioned coaches and comfortable hotel stays. Two departures of Munch will run in summer 2017, with further departures expected in 2018.
Munch highlights travellers can expect to enjoy include:
- 2 days in Barcelona: kick off the journey in style with a traditional Tapas feast, then spend some time exploring beautiful Barcelona and take a Spanish cooking class.
- 1 day in Aix-en-Provence: arrive into Aix later afternoon and spend some time exploring this stylish town before being treated to a traditional Provençal bouillabaisse dinner.
- 2 days in Florence: enjoy plenty of time to explore Florence, head out for a traditional Tuscan dinner or get straight on the Gelato. Learn to make pasta at a Tuscan villa.
- 1 day in Bologna: get a taste for Bologna while wandering the city’s food markets, then enjoy a traditional dinner of tortellini al ragu.
- 1 day in Milan: spend an afternoon sipping aperol and watching the action on the bustling plazas before a tasty regional risotto dinner.
Dedicated Munch foodie stops:
Arles, Nice, Genoa, San Gimignano and Lake Como!
“We’ve replaced postcards with Instagram, and cameras with iPhones, but despite this digitisation food is one thing that remains stubbornly analogue,” says Kelly Jackson, General Manager for Contiki. “It’s this that makes food such a strong motivator for travel. Munch capitalises on the incredible food experiences Europe has to offer & provides something truly unique for today’s foodie traveller.”
Munch and Contiki’s full suite of Limited Edition Summer Series trips will go on sale from R30 330 per person sharing, inclusive of an amazing 10% discount for those who book by 26 January 2017, making a European adventure that much more affordable.
For more information on Contiki’s trips throughout Europe, USA, Canada, Asia and Latin America check out contiki.com or call them on (011) 280 8440.
Life’s an adventure – make it count with absolutely #NOREGRETS.
You may also like:
Tracy Burrows164 Posts
If there is one thing that I have learnt, it is the more I see, the more there is to see! My name is Tracy Burrows and I am the managing editor of Out There Global, a community driven travel platform for both cost effective and luxury travel ideas around the world. From Jan 2014 - Dec 2016 I managed the LatestSightings.com blog (a United Nations World Summit Award Winner: Culture & Tourism 2016 & National Geographic partner). I was also consulting editor at MOZambique Magazine, and contributor at Sawubona. Prior to my career I obtained a tourism marketing degree, and graduated from a 2 year 'Hospitality Management in Development Program' in California. Following this I acquired a journalism diploma and since it's been all about travel and writing! And my nourishment from all those who have impacted me: family; friends; and strangers alike. Thank you for joining our journey!