If you are looking for ultimate romantic time Florida
A place born of affection, Amelia’s shores, soft sea breezes and breathtaking scenery provide the ultimate backdrop to romances old and new. Whether exchanging vows, celebrating another year of wedded bliss, or just slipping away for an island adventure for two, couples looking to escape the every day find their heart’s desire on Amelia Island.
Amelia Island has long offered visitors vacations filled with rich history including 13 miles of unspoiled beaches, wildlife, soft adventure activities, wellness, arts & culture plus unforgettable golf and fabulous dining.
Countless sets of footprints have traced Amelia’s quiet, undisturbed beaches, as couples wander off on long, private walks along the shore. In the cool of the morning, under a warm midday sun or by the light of the moon, Amelia Island’s shoreline has framed untold walks and talks between loved ones. Strolling between the sandy dunes, dotted with sea oats and the gentle Atlantic surf, many couples return to Amelia year after year to discover treasures more valuable than the perfect seashell or stunning sunrise.
Couples can also enjoy Fernandina Beach’s historic downtown district while snuggled up together in a horse-drawn carriage. Take in the sights while listening to a historical narrative of Fernandina’s past, punctuated by the leisurely clip-clop of hooves. Majestic, moss-draped oaks and Victorian Era architecture slip by to tales of the people and places that shaped Amelia Island’s colorful history.
Comfy, Cozy Inns
Amelia Island is graced with six bed and breakfast inns, each offering a unique and inn-credibly romantic experience for their guests. In the downtown historic district, there are several inns to choose from, including the Fairbanks House, Amelia Island Williams House, Addison on Amelia, Hoyt House, Florida House Inn and the Blue Heron Inn
Centre of Attention
In the heart of historic downtown Fernandina Beach, Centre Street is a popular setting for romantic moments. Wandering in and out of a quirky mix of shops and restaurants, couples stroll hand in hand along the historic street and share shady park benches. At Fernandina’s Fantastic Fudge, visitors can grab a sweet treat for their sweetheart before heading down to the marina for a gorgeous sunset on the water. For those who want to sail away, Amelia River Cruises or Windward Sailing will happily oblige with a tour of Cumberland Sound and the Intracoastal Waterway.
Dinner for Two
From a quiet corner table at a quaint bistro to a seat in the kitchen of an award-winning restaurant, where the chef shares his culinary secrets with guests, Amelia Island serves up a satisfying collection of dining options for lovers – food lovers. Salt, The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island’s AAA Five-Diamond Restaurant, offers guests “A Seat in the Kitchen,” which features a three-hour, five-course feast paired with a selection of wines, all prepared before your very eyes. The Omni Amelia Island Plantation also offers a Private Chef’s Kitchen, which seats 12 for an intimate culinary experience. From upscale experiences to waterside dining in flip-flops, the island’s eclectic mix of restaurants features fresh local seafood and renowned chefs and restaurateurs who masterfully blend cuisine and atmosphere for a romantic meal for two.
A Walk Down the Isle
With such breathtaking natural beauty, it is no surprise that Amelia Island is a favorite host for destination weddings. For weddings large and small, the island has a venue to meet the needs and exceed expectations of any bride and groom. The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Golf Club of Amelia Island, and Omni Amelia Island Plantation all specialize in large, luxurious affairs, inside, on the beach, or a little of both.
For smaller, more intimate beach weddings, couples can experience a blissful day at Amelia Hotel at the Beach. For weddings away from the sand, Amelia Island also offers a diverse selection of wedding and reception options, such as the oak-shaded courtyard at the Florida House Inn, or the lush gardens of the Williams House. Other popular options include Residence Inn Amelia Island, Addison on Amelia, and Hampton Inn & Suites.
Romantic time Florida details:
For visitor information, online planning, or to build your own itinerary visit Amelia Island.
Suggested Romance Itinerary
- Indulge in breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe at Omni Amelia Island Plantation along the Atlantic Ocean.
- Scenic Drive
- Drive around Amelia Island’s top golf courses while taking in seaside and marsh views on the Ocean Links course.
- Horseback Riding
- Trot along Amelia islands tranquil beaches, one of the few places in Florida where visitors can enjoy such an experience.
- Horse-drawn Carriage
- Snuggle up as you take in the sights such as Victoria era architecture, and majestic moss draped oaks.
- Spa & Wellness
- Treat yourself to the Spa at the Ritz Carlton and enjoy the signature Heaven in a Hammock treatment, a couple’s massage or relax by the adults only salt water pool.
- Downtown Shopping
- Explore the eclectic shops while strolling through the historic district and stop to share seafood rich, “Little Plates”at Lulu’s at the Thompson House (garden dining). Or share an ice-cream while watching the sunset over the harbour front.
- Sail away with an adults only tour of Cumberland Sound and the Intercoastal Waterway.
Amelia Island has become a beloved destination for visitors and residents alike and both the island and its partners are the winners of countless awards. See how others have ranked Amelia Island, and then come experience it for yourself.
- TOP 10 ISLANDS IN THE US (#3) – Conde Nast Traveler RCA, 2017
- BEST ROMANTIC GETAWAY – Jezebel – Best of Atlanta, 2017
- 20 BEST PLACES TO LIVE ON THE COAST – Coastal Living, 2017
- 9 US BEACH TOWNS WHERE YOU’LL COME FOR SUMMER BUT STAY FOREVER (#1) – Huffington Post, 2017
- HAPPIEST SEASIDE TOWN (#4) – Coastal Living, 2017
- Best Places to Live – BEST HISTORIC DOWNTOWN – Coastal Living, 2017
- TOP BEACHES IN FLORIDA – USA Today, 2017
- BEST SMALL TOWNS 2017 (#6) – Southern Living, 2017