The best Antarctica photographic safari out there
“From 17 to 30 November 2017, bespoke travel outfitter Natural World Safaris is taking a 13-day Antarctica photographic safari expedition. Furthermore it will be lead by Canon accredited wildlife photographer Andy Rouse! Travelling on-board the M/V Akademik Ioffe, this expedition will offer 7 full days on the continent. As a matter of fact this is 2 days more than most standard Antarctic expeditions. And this in addition to longer tundra landings by zodiac to understand this magical destination.”
Sensational Antartica footage by Natural World Safaris
Now guests can capture Antarctica’s wildlife on safari with award-winning photographer Andy Rouse, Andrew James and Natural World Safaris. Accordingly Andy and the charter company have together designed the topmost Antartica itinerary. As a consequence its devotion is to getting the best wildlife pictures, and the most astonishing wildlife experiences. First and foremost specialised lectures and workshops will teach you how to capture and preserve on film. However, since the expedition is predominantly governed by the weather, Andy will discuss the next day’s options the evening before. Of course this ensures you are fully briefed, and can efficiently prep for the following morning.
- Day 1 / 17TH NOV: USHUAIA
- Today you arrive in Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world and the starting point for your adventure to the frozen south.
- DAY 2 / 18 NOV: USHUAIA - EMBARK AKADEMIK IOFFE
This morning, take some time for any last minute preparations prior to starting your ultimate Antarctica safari.
- DAYS 3-4 / 19-20 NOV: AT SEA
- Two days will be spent navigating the famous Drake Passage, a deep waterway up to 600 miles wide which connects the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans between Cape Horn and the South Shetland Islands.
- DAYS 5-11 / 21-27 NOV: SOUTH SHETLAND ISLANDS & ANTARCTIC PENINSULA
Spending as much time as possible in zodiacs!
- DAYS 12-13 / 28-29 NOV: AT SEA
- Weather conditions will determine when the anchor is pulled up; however the plan is to set sail today, back to Ushuaia.
- DAY 14 / 30 NOV: USHUAIA
- Today the plan is to arrive back in Ushuaia; depart the ship and say farewell to your new travelling buddies.
Andy Rouse a world renowned photographer has a plethora of experience photographing in Antarctica. He will be able to assist you with lighting, angles and composition. Therefore with him you will be able to capture the best images of the snowy Antarctic landscapes and unique wildlife.
Andrew James has a wealth of experience writing about photographic techniques and equipment. No doubt, he uses this knowledge in practical use taking phenomenal photographs worldwide! Andrew loves passing on his photographic advice, so you will be in good hands throughout the expedition.
Finally, what makes this Antarctica photographic safari extraordinary?
- Fully stabilised ship for a smoother Drake Passage.
- And excellent onboard facilities including email, gym, and on-deck hot tub.
- Departs in November when Antarctica is at its most stunning.
- Fantastic wildlife sightings including several species of penguin, seal and whale.
- Andy Rouse will be your expedition leader and wildlife photography mentor.
- Expert photographer Andrew James will join you.
- Make the most of photographic workshops and critiques on-board.
- Ultimately the opportunity to camp on-shore; be one of few to actually sleep on the Antarctic Peninsula (subject to conditions).
- Flexible itinerary to ensure you are in the right place at the right time for the best wildlife photography opportunities.
Finally, this 14-day expedition costs from £6,500 per person, excluding international flights. For more information please visit Natural World Safaris
Photography by ©Andy Rouse
Notice: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' in /home4/outthjff/public_html/wp-content/themes/hotmagazine_child/single-extraordinaire.php on line 222
You may also like:
Tracy Burrows77 Posts
If there is one thing that I have learnt, it is the more I see, the more there is to see! My name is Tracy Burrows and I am the managing editor of Out There Global, a community driven travel platform for both cost effective and luxury travel ideas around the world. From Jan 2014 - Dec 2016 I managed the LatestSightings.com blog (a United Nations World Summit Award Winner: Culture & Tourism 2016 & National Geographic partner). I was also consulting editor at MOZambique Magazine, and contributor at Sawubona. Prior to my career I obtained a tourism marketing degree, and graduated from a 2 year 'Hospitality Management in Development Program' in California. Following this I acquired a journalism diploma and since it's been all about travel and writing! And my nourishment from all those who have impacted me: family; friends; and strangers alike. Thank you for joining our journey!