The most unusual drink recipe ever
Watermelon and tomato gazpacho shots
Firstly, for those of you from different parts of the world that are not familiar with gazpacho, let’s quickly explain. Gazpacho is a summer favourite in Spain, and is typically a cold soup made from raw vegetables with a tomato base.
There’s no real cooking involved except for the mussels. Which takes what? 5 Minutes! That’s nothing! You only need to remove some seeds, peels, and chop all of the ingredients into smaller pieces. Then blend the watermelon and tomato together until you get a fine texture, and add the remainder of the ingredients on top. Easy, isn’t it?
Unique drink recipe ingredients
- 1/2 a watermelon
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1/2 a kilo of fresh mussels
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Few drops of Jerez vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 green onion
- 1 can of lumpfish roe
- How to clean and cook the mussels.
- Remove the seeds and peel from both the watermelon and tomatoes.
- Blend and let stand in a big bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, diced mint leaves, salt to the bowl and mix together. Let stand in the fridge.
- Wash and remove the seeds of the pepper. Dice the pepper.
- Clean and cut the onion.
- Prepare the shots with the bowl of gazpacho (watermelon & tomatoes), and add the remainder ingredients on top – mussels, roe, onion and pepper.