The best 7 day bike route across the Pyrenees
“This best 7 day bike tour across the Pyrenees offers a panoramic view of the Girona’s region. Enjoy peaceful valleys, high cliff-top towns and it’s architecture, plus the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone, with almost 40 volcanoes blanketed in greenery. And then as you bike further north relish in the life of coastal villages, and their exquisite beaches. There is more to this than you can ever imagine!”
The Pyrenees which covers an area of approximately 450 kilometres of mountains is one of the most important natural destinations in Spain. With an array of rivers, valleys, lakes, canyons, glaciers and peaks a range of outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round. Costa Brava on the other hand is about sun, beaches, coves, crystal-clear waters and charming fishing villages. The many attractions of both the Costa Brava and the Girona Pyrenees can be appreciated along this tour with the flexibility of customising your tour.
About the Pyrenees Bike Tour
The first part of the bike tour takes you cycling on the Greenways Cycle Path. This is an ancient railway which time-ago travelled from the Pyrenees to the Costa Brava. It has since been turned into a track for hikers and bikers only. This makes it a safe and peaceful cycle tour which allows you to enjoy a privileged environment and diverse landscapes. The second part, after Sant Feliu de Guixols ventures along dirt tracks (All of them are indicated in the road maps). Here you can also take advantage of the Emporda wine region which includes the Wine Muses “Coll de Roses” in Roses Village.
+ Suggested Itinerary
- Day 1
- Arrival at Joanetes. Settle down in the hotel and attend a welcome meeting with staff to introduce the bike trip. Overnight in the fully restored farmhouse in Joanetes.
- Day 2
- From Joanetes descend down the Greenway Cycle Path to Girona, where you can visit the old town. Girona is well-known for its gastronomy.
- Day 3
- From Girona you cross some fields and plains before arriving at the Mediterranean fishing town of Sant Feliu de Guíxols.
- Day 4
- You will bike north along/near to the beach before arriving at the medieval town of Pals. The final part of the track is following the Ter River’s mouth. After you arrive at L’Estartit you can enjoy it's beach and of course the Medes Islands.
- Day 5
- Leaving l’Estartit, you will bike around the Montrgí Mountain Range with it's hill-top castle. Also, there is an amazing medieval neighbourhood called Sant Martí de Empúries. Following this you will arrive at the Parc Natural dels Aiguamolls de L’Empordà. Finally you will arrive in Roses where you will visit the wine museum.
- Day 6
- Today you head from Roses to Figueres, across vineyards, as well as small and ancient villages in the countryside, such as Castelló d’Empúries, Vilanova de La Muga or Perelada. And with the Pyrenees on the right of your way.
- Day 7
- Departure after breakfast.
Book The Best 7 Day Bike Route Across the Pyrenees
You may also like:
Tracy Burrows152 Posts
<p>If there is one thing that I have learnt, it is the more I see, the more there is to see!<br /> My name is Tracy Burrows and I am the managing editor of Out There Global, a community driven travel platform for both cost effective and luxury travel ideas around the world. From Jan 2014 – Dec 2016 I managed the LatestSightings.com blog (a United Nations World Summit Award Winner: Culture & Tourism 2016 & National Geographic partner). I was also consulting editor at MOZambique Magazine, and contributor at Sawubona. Prior to my career I obtained a tourism marketing degree, and graduated from a 2 year ‘Hospitality Management in Development Program’ in California. Following this I acquired a journalism diploma and since it’s been all about travel and writing! And my nourishment from all those who have impacted me: family; friends; and strangers alike. Thank you for joining our journey!I</p>