Why you should celebrate the holidays The Palm Beaches way
When it comes to celebrating the December holidays, the North Pole has nothing on The Palm Beaches in South Florida — not even snow! This holiday season, visitors can experience nightly “snowfalls” at CityPlace and meet the world’s only 35-foot-tall holiday tree sculpted from sand in West Palm Beach
Located two hours south of Orlando and one hour north of Miami, The Palm Beaches offers visitors everything from classic luxury to natural wonder. With a diverse collection of lodging options ranging from luxurious properties to trusted brand hotels, the destination has something to offer everyone. Its innovative culinary landscape & fresh dining options, watersports, eco-activities, eclectic range of shopping venues, and insurmountable attractions make it a fun way to experience Florida.
A collection of 39 cities and towns stretching from Jupiter and Tequesta to Boca Raton, The Palm Beaches encourages you to explore 47 miles of pristine beaches.
December Holiday Highlights:
Walk through a 100-foot Christmas tree in Delray Beach, ride the Polar Express in Boca Raton, view a lighted boat parade in Boynton Beach, decorate holiday cupcakes in Palm Beach, or shop for holiday gifts at a lighthouse in Jupiter.
- Polar Express: Train rides, pizza, popcorn, hot chocolate and a showing of the “Polar Express” movie at 6:30 p.m. Wear pajamas and bring blankets and chairs.
- Enjoy this 100-Foot Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony. A month-long celebration kicks off with Santa lighting the famous 100-foot Christmas tree at 7:15 p.m. Enjoy ice skating, mini-golf and more.
- Visit with Santa in his Key West-style house next to the 100-foot Christmas Tree.
WEST PALM BEACH:
- Experience a nightly snowfall & fountain show at CityPlace.
- West Palm Beach’s annual Sandi Land: Holiday in Paradise, features Sandi, the world’s only giant holiday tree sculpted from 600 tons of sand, presenting a dazzling musical light show with over 5,000 lights.
Unique Experiences throughout the year:
- Travelers can enjoy a variety of one-of-a-kind experiences including,
- Full-moon bike tours along some of Riverbend Park’s 15 miles of trails,
- Up close animal encounters at Lion Country Safari,
- Sea turtle nesting tours at Loggerhead Marinelife Center,
- Native animal rescue and recovery at Busch Wildlife Sanctuary,
- See big cats at McCarthy’s Wildlife Sanctuary or Panther Ridge Conservation Center,
- Experience shark feedings at Sandoway House Nature Center,
- Explore the natural trails at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center;
- Witness spring training for the St. Louis Cardinals,
- The Miami Marlins at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter,
- Dive with the country’s only private S.C.U.B.A. Country Club,
- Enjoy airboat tours of the Everglades.
About holidays The Palm Beaches:
Situated along I-95, The Palm Beaches are also home to Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), with more than 200 daily direct flights to 27 domestic and international destinations in the United States and Canada. For more information about The Palm Beaches, visit www.ThePalmBeaches.com
Download your free The Palm Beaches visitors guide
Find best things to do via reviews in The Palm Beaches on Tripadvisor
You may also like:
Tracy Burrows160 Posts
If there is one thing that I have learnt, it is the more I see, the more there is to see! My name is Tracy Burrows and I am the managing editor of Out There Global, a community driven travel platform for both cost effective and luxury travel ideas around the world. From Jan 2014 - Dec 2016 I managed the LatestSightings.com blog (a United Nations World Summit Award Winner: Culture & Tourism 2016 & National Geographic partner). I was also consulting editor at MOZambique Magazine, and contributor at Sawubona. Prior to my career I obtained a tourism marketing degree, and graduated from a 2 year 'Hospitality Management in Development Program' in California. Following this I acquired a journalism diploma and since it's been all about travel and writing! And my nourishment from all those who have impacted me: family; friends; and strangers alike. Thank you for joining our journey!