Best Caipirinha Recipe via the Brazilian Chef
Brazil’s national drink made from a combination of lime, sugar and cachaca served on ice. If you wondering what exactly cachaca is, it is a distilled spirit made from sugarcane juice.
A popular brand of cachaca is Ypioca although according to Veja Magazine, the below mentioned brands are some of the best:
Anderson Queiroz, The Brazilian Chef, shares his home-made family recipe with us. He is a foodie enthusiast who enjoys spending time in the kitchen, cooking fresh food for friends and family.
- Normal granulated sugar
- Cachaca (Brazilian rum)
- Cut your Limes into halves and quarters.
- Remove the white bits from the center (it makes it bitter).
- Into a pestle add 3 tea spoons of sugar.
- Add 4 quarters of the lime.
- with a mortar, crush the limes and sugar, until all the juice has come out of the limes.
- Add a double shot of Rum ( I just count 1, 1000, 2, 1000, 3, 1000, 4).
- Mix it well, make sure to dissolve all the sugar.
- Pour the drink into a glass, add 3 or four cubes of Ice.
- taste it, if too strong you might need a bit of water if not sweet enough add more sugar.
Ching ching, and happy cocktail drinking…
You may also like:
Tracy Burrows152 Posts
<p>If there is one thing that I have learnt, it is the more I see, the more there is to see!<br /> My name is Tracy Burrows and I am the managing editor of Out There Global, a community driven travel platform for both cost effective and luxury travel ideas around the world. From Jan 2014 – Dec 2016 I managed the LatestSightings.com blog (a United Nations World Summit Award Winner: Culture & Tourism 2016 & National Geographic partner). I was also consulting editor at MOZambique Magazine, and contributor at Sawubona. Prior to my career I obtained a tourism marketing degree, and graduated from a 2 year ‘Hospitality Management in Development Program’ in California. Following this I acquired a journalism diploma and since it’s been all about travel and writing! And my nourishment from all those who have impacted me: family; friends; and strangers alike. Thank you for joining our journey!I</p>